Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Back to Basics

Most people who own any Norwex products have the Enviro Cloth and the Window Cloth.  These can be bought as a set, called a Basic Package, to save you $.  One of my favorite demos is to smear butter on a window and use just a wet Enviro Cloth and Window Cloth to clean it and make it streak free.  Today I did a comparison of the Enviro Cloth and Window Cloth combo vs. Windex & paper-towels.

First I used butter to write a big 'N', for Norwex and a big 'W' for Windex on the window.

 I sprayed the 'W' with Windex (yes, I still have a bottle to fix scratches in DVDs) and used a paper towel to wipe it off.  It left a nifty greasy layer that I was able to write "Hi" into.
















Then I got out my trusty Enviro Cloth.  I got it wet with water and rung it out.  I spent a few seconds wiping off all the butter.  I followed that with a wipe down from the Window Cloth and viola!  One grease free (and finger print free and toddler slobber free) window!  For the grand finale, I went into the bathroom and wiped down the mirror with the same cloths.  It's beautiful as well.
(Continued below picture)


























The Enviro Cloth is the only cleaner I use in the kitchen any more.  The rest when to the hazardous waste collection that Johnston did last month.  I use it to clean counters, cabinets, stove, microwave, and sink.  Pair it with the Window Cloth and my stainless steel appliances and faucets have a nice streak free shine. 

But, how can I be disinfecting with water?  Well, the microfiber is so fine (1/100 the size of a human hair) and woven in a way that it easily picks up all the bacteria and then holds on to it. It either gets rinsed out and goes down the drain or it's held in the cloth until the silver embedded into the cloth suffocates it (within 24hrs.)  To do the same thing with any other cleaner, I would have to spray it on, leave it sit for 10 min, wipe it off, then wipe it again with a damp cloth to remove the spray from the counter.  (I do not kid about this.  Go read the back of your favorite cleaning product.)  Do you have that kind of time and dedication?  I certainly don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment