Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Challenge

Have you ever actually read the back of one of your favorite household cleaners?  About the only thing I had ever read was whether or not I could use a chemical on a certain surface.  After I attended my first Norwex party, I came home and grabbed the bottle of Mr. Clean Multi-Surfaces Antibacterial Spray that I used often.  It says: "For hard, nonporous surfaces, spray until thoroughly wet.  To Sanitize: Let stand 5 minutes before wiping.  To Disinfect: Let stand 10 minutes before wiping."  Huh?!?  Then to remove any remaining chemical residue, I have to use a wet cloth and wipe them again.  That's a lot of work to get my counters clean every day.  And, I have to make sure that my kids stay away from it and I have to remember to actually come back and wipe it up.  Oh, all the while breathing in the lovely fumes it's giving off.  Did you know that indoor air is actually more polluted than outdoor air?  This is largely in part to our favorite household cleaners.

Then there is the section about what to do if I get it on my skin.  I'm supposed to "rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes."  Yeah, that's what I want to spend my day doing.

I think I'll reach for my enviro cloth instead.

Another fascinating bottle to read is your toilet bowl cleaner.  Did you know you're supposed to use 6 oz. of cleaner each time you clean the toilet?  That means you get 4 uses out of one bottle!  (Next week I plan to write more about this.)

A little challenge for the week: Go and read a couple of your favorite household cleaners.  You'll be surprised at what you find.  I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment