Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tile Mop Pad - Slate Tile Floor in Bathroom

One of the new products is the Tile Mop Pad.  I was quite excited about this as I have slate tile in my bathroom.  If you know anything about slate, you know how textured it is.  I never tried mopping it with my regular wet mop pad because that seems too flat to get into the grooves of the tile.

The teal strips are microfiber and the blue strips are scrubby nylon.  I tried to get a picture that showed the texture of the mop but it didn't work.  You'll just have to take my word that it's got some depth to it to get into the tile grooves and the grout lines.

First I used it dry.  You can see the hair that it found behind the toilet.  Yuck.  I did see it remove things from the grout grooves.  It doesn't pick up bigger "chunks" but the microfiber does pick up the finer dirt.  I just pushed the bigger chunks into a pile and cleaned them up when I was done.

I used the rubber brush to remove the hair.  Now it's ready to go again.
I took the pad off and got it wet.  Since I was using it on tile, I got it wetter than I would the regular wet mop pad.  I went to town.  I was impressed with how well it could get into the tile grooves.  I no longer have to get on my hands and knees to clean my bathroom floor!

I would not recommend using this pad on hardwood floors.  The nylon could scratch the floors.  For hardwood floors, you are better off with the Wet Mop Pad.  But the Tile Mop Pad is fantastic for tile!

Like my facebook page!  Once I have 50 likes, I'll randomly select someone to win and Envrio Cloth!



11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your amazing blog. I finished this right now and thinking that it is the perfect blog I was looking for . Never stop writing, and keep up such an informative blogs. Best wishes for you.
    slate tile flooring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you find it helpful. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have chosen the perfect tile for the bathroom floor.nice choice and nice tips to cleaning it.Thanks for the share.
    slate tile flooring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. Just wondering about your tiles as I can't tell from the pics. Are they real slate with all the little jagged edges? That's what I've got and I'm wondering how the regular wet mop pad (not the tile one) works on that. And what about the dry pad? Actually I guess I'm interested in the tile pad too. Do any of them snag on all the little jagged edges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Yes they are the real slate with all the ridges making them all the more fun to clean. I tried cleaning it with both the regular and the tile mop pads this afternoon. I found a particularly uneven tile. I would say they actually worked about the same. Our slate isn't treated with the stuff to make it always look shiny so it's easy to see what parts are wet and which parts are still dry. With both mop pads, there were some dry areas along the big ridge. I keep my mop pad offset on the base so I can put my toe on the pad to get into those little areas that aren't reached by the part of the pad over the base.

      I love the dry mop pad on my hardwoods but I find it's easier to just vacuum my bathroom. There are just so many ridges, dimples, and grout lines in the tile that the vacuum does the best job of sucking the dirt out. The dry mop pad is great it you want to quickly remove all the hair from the floor, however. And none of the pads snag on the slate.

      Hope this helps. Feel free to email me directly (or post here) if you have any more questions: cmsteinbock@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Nice article and great knowledge about slate tile flooring. I love this story and enjoy with your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment! Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    Crushed Concrete For Sale & Shoreline Restoration in FL

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI
    Christie, How are you.lot of thanks for sharing great content about very effective point of tile floor in bathroom.i read your blog completely just very much informative.i think this is one of the best blog content about this topic.i love your nicely story.

    ReplyDelete